Presently, Director of Raghava Child and Adult Health Care Clinic
Consultant Pediatrician at Vittala International Institute of Ophthalmology, Shaam Singh Nursing Home and Malathi Poly Clinic, Bangalore.
- MBBS from M. S. Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore. Batch of 1999-2000, Completed internship in 2005.
- Diploma in Child Health from Bangalore Medical College, Bangalore. Batch of June 2006 to June 2008.
AWARDS AND DISTINCTIONS
Diploma in Child Health: 1st Rank in RGUHS in DCH
- MBBS Phase I: 1st Rank in M. S. Ramaiah Medical College. Passed with distinction and overall 10th Rank in RGUHS. Physiology: Highest in Batch, 2nd Rank in RGUHS.
- MBBS Phase II: 1st Rank in M. S. Ramaiah Medical College. Passed with a distinction and 2nd rank in RGUHS. Highest in Pathology, Pharmacology and Microbiology. RGUHS: 1st Rank in Microbiology and 7th Rank in Pathology.
- MBBS Phase III Part I: 1st Rank in M. S. Ramaiah Medical College. Highest in Community Medicine.
- MBBS Phase III Part II: 1st Rank in M. S. Ramaiah Medical College. Highest in Internal Medicine. RGUHS: 6th rank overall, and 3rd rank in Medicine.
- Dr. Rani Kanaka Memorial Award for highest marks in Physiology
- Mr. Nanjappa Memorial Award for highest in Medicine
- Dr. Sunita Movva Memorial Award for Outstanding performance in Final MBBS
- Chan Pek Lui Gold Medal for Best Outgoing student of 1999-2000 batch
Lectures / Talks
- Invited Guest Lecture given at for the officials World Trade Centre, Bangalore on Influenza
- Talk on influenza in corporate companies
- Lecture on Adolesent health for school doctors
- Radio talk on adolescent health
- Lectures for parents on Pneumonia
- Talks on rational antibiotic practices for general practitioners
- Talk on child health in Bangaore Science Forum
- Talk on Mother and Child Health for” Doctors for Seva”
- Presently teaching BSc optometry students at Vitthala International Institute Of Ophthalmology
- Member of adolescent chapter of IAP-BPS
- Master of Ceremonies at various PEDICONs
- Contributed articles to conference souvenirs
- Carried out investigations on 'Employment and Pregnancy' at M. S. Ramaiah Medical College in 2004 and presented the results at the "Problem Solvers For Better Health", a national level conference organized by the Community Medicine department at Trivandrum, and won best paper award for the same.
- Carried out investigations on: 'Modulation of Plasma Pro-Inflammatory Interleukins By Graded Physical Activity: Can this have an impact on Pediatric Age Group?', and the results were presented at the 45th National Conference of Indian Academy of Pediatrics (PEDICON), Bhubaneshwar, Orissa. (17th-20th Jan. 2008), and won Best Poster Award for the same.
- Presented a case report titled 'Neonatal chikungunya' as a poster at the 47th National Conference of Indian Academy of Pediatrics (PEDICON), Hyderabad, AP. (7th-10th Jan. 2010)
- Workshop on Mechanical Ventilation conducted by K.R. hospital in 2007
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support workshop at Ramaiah Medical College, 2007
- Neonatal Advanced Life Support workshop at Indira Gandhi Institute of Child Health, 2008
- Adolescent health workshop, September, 2014
- National conference "Problem Solvers for Better Health", Trivandrum, 2004
- Mechanical Ventilation Conference, 2007
- National Neonatology Forum Conference, St John's Medical College, 2007
- PEDICON: 2008 (Bhubaneshwar), 2010 (Hyderabad), 2011 (Jaipur)
- Effect of Yoga on Prevention and Treatment of Diabetes Mellitus, Jipmer 2011
- IAP BPS annual CMEP: June, 2011. "Pediatric care in office practice- Basics and beyond"
- Bangalore PEDICON, August, 2014, 2016, 2017
- CRITICON, September, 2014
- Karnataka PEDICON, September, 2014, 2015
- National conference on vaccine preventable diseases, December, 2015
- Active member of organizing committee of national PEDICON, 2017
Continuing Medical Education (CME) Programs Attended
- CME on infectious diseases, 2008, NIMHANS convention center, Bangalore
- 'ChanRe Update CME', 2007 and 2008, conducted by ChanRe Rheumatology and Immunology Center & Research, Malleshwaram, Bangalore
- Infectious diseases CME, Jan 2014
- Medico-legal CME, December, 2014
Worked as a resident in Vani Vilas Hospital (Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute) between June 2006 and 2008. Experience includes
- Work in pediatric and neonatal intensive care units
- Labor calls.
- Pediatric wards management.
- Weekly clinics for management of patients with asthma, tuberculosis, rheumatic heart disease, cerebral palsy and renal problems.
- Also worked in the departments of pediatric oncology, cardiology, neurology and child psychiatry.
Was employed in Subbaiah Hospital, Mattikere, between July and November 2008 as a consultant pediatrician. Actively involved in
- Private clinical practice including managing out patients, in patients- ward, PICU and NICU, attending labor calls since December 2008 till date.
- Consultant Pediatrician in Shekar Hospital, Bull Temple Road, Bangalore; and in Vithala International Institute of Ophthalmology, BSK 3rd Stage, Bangalore.
- Actively involved in giving educative talks to parents and the general public.
- Presently faculty at Vithala International Institute of ophthalmology, teaches Nutrition and physiology for first year, and pharmacology for second year students.
Accomplishments in Social Service
- Participated in several medical camps in the countryside of Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh for the benefit of rural poor. Arranged a camp for poor in backward areas of Bangalore, and treated several children in the same.
- Regular participant of School Health Check Up Camps.
- Participated in an Anti-Tobacco campaign- ‘Parivarthana’ and spread awareness among school children by educative talks. A rally was also organized in connection with the same.